23.7.12

Auntie Bubbles

Birth Sign - Capricorn
Place of birth - Hospital 
Favorite Artists - Bob Marley & The Wailers, Fred Locks,' Burning Spear & 
Freddie McGreggor.
Hobies - Happy Reading 

I joined P.C.R.L. in July 1987. Why? (you may well ask) To cater for the youngsters community.

Bubbles left PCRL in 1993
Q. Was it difficult to get on P.C.R.L.?
A. No. I wrote him a letter with a few ideas that should be included in a children's programme. Lady D contacted me & made an appointment for me to see Music Master. The meeting was quite relaxing (Music Master made me a cup of coffee), I thought I would be nervous talking to a in our radio & television super star ( creep creep) but I wasn't.

Q. What was the out come.
A. I was to meet Lady D the following Saturday to go to the P.C.R.L. Studios. Music Masters parting words to me were "Your on six weeks trial" to this day Music Master hasn't confirmed if I have got the post.

Q. Briefly what are the contents of the children's programme.
A. The programme includes, competitions, Nursery Rhymes, Stories, & Phone Ins, which allows the children to send dedications and sing to us. Who's us? You may well ask, allow me to introduce Auntie Joy, not being bias, but you've not heard an anancy story told so sweet, until you've listened to Auntie Joys

Q. Do you present other programmes?
A. Yes. Mondays 12 noon ­ 3.00pm & Thursday 9.00am - 12.00 noon. Both programmes are based on roots & culture, including competitions. When I have a brain wave, (not very often) I have phone-­in discussions

Q. What difficulties did you have to overcome? 
A. (1) Being Mike Shy. (I bet you wish I still was)
    (2) Cueing records....  

We won't go into why, lets just say I no longer do my "Auntie Bubbles Specials" thanks Festus. To Music Master thanks for the opportunity of being part of P.C.R.L. lots of love also to my colleagues, on P.C.R.L. love & respect goes out to all our faithful supporters of P.C.R.L. AND THANKS TO ALL MY listeners (both of them). One love, Auntie Bubbles.
 
p.s. Music Master please confirm if I'm off the six weeks trial.

 Pirate Archive audio:
Children's Saturday Morning Show (27-02-88)

No comments:

Post a Comment