12.1.13

Hurricane Katrina & New Orleans (Aug 2005)


The Special People of New Orleans  'We Are Thinking about you'

It's not until you make a list do you realise the contribution that New Orleans people have made. A beautiful city is now destroyed by mother nature - Please buy these people's products NOW to help them recover their homes from the effects of Katrina & George Bush, these 64 names & their songs are special:


eddie bo:
ain't that the truth
check out mr popeye
oh oh
our love
tee na
na na na sey



robert parker:

I caught you in a lie
barefootin'
happy feet
the scratch
heading for a fall




dixie cups:

chapel of love
iko iko
people say
chances are
here it comes again



 fats domino:
ain't that a shame
blueberry hill
all by myself
don't come knocking
i'm ready
it keeps raining
jambalaya
mardi gras in new orleans
margie
my girl Josephine
red sails at the sunset
walkin' to new orleans

alan tousaint:

he wrote most of these listed songs (RIP 10-11-15) Freedom for the Stallion!



aaron neaville:
tell it like it is
over you
i'm
waiting at the station
show me the way
wrong number
how could i help love you





the meters:
(are the neville brothers)
be my lady
look-a-pow-pow



louie armstrong:
what a
wonderful world
when
your smiling
the
sunshine of your love
st.
louis blues
hello
dolly



willie tee:
walking
up a one way steet
teasin'
you
bring
on the heartaches
take
your time
first
taste of hurt
i'm
having so much fun



erma franklin:
abracadabra
piece
of my heart
time
after time
saving
my love for you
it
could have been me
it's
over
i done
got over
the
right to cry





ernie k. doe:

mother-in-law
dancin'
mana
certain girl





larry williams:

bonnie maronie
dizzy miss lizzy
short fat fannie
slow down



donnie elbert:

a
little peice of leather
can't
get over loosing you
get
myself together
i can't
help my self
run
little girl
where
did our love go

roy brown:

'long about midnight
good
rockin' man
rockin'
at midnight

lee
dorsey
:
ya ya
can you hear me
holy cow
working in a coal mine
confusion
freedom for the stallion
everything
i do gonna be funky
my old car
get out of my life woman
go-go girl
ride your pony
yes we can



jessie
hill:
oogsey
moo
ooh poo
pah doo
the
pots on strike


jean knight:

mr big stuff
you think your hot stuff


lloyd
price:
ain't
that a shame
i'm
gonna get married
lawdy
miss clawdy
cry on
personality
question
where were you on the
wedding day





dick
gregory
:

(comedian
& social commentator)



wynton
marsalis
:
(jazz
musician)

mahalia
jackson
(traditional
gospel songs:)
Trouble
of the World 
Silent
Night 
Go Tell
It on the Mountain 
Amazing
Grace 
Take My
Hand, Precious Lord 
Remember
Me 
Joshua
Fought the Battle of Jericho 
Holding
My Saviours Hands 
Roll
Jordan, Roll 
The
Upper Room 
We
Shall Overcome 
I'm on
My Way to Canaan








james
booker:
(blues
artiste)
st.
james's infermary



wayne
bennett:
(musician)



johnny
adams:


reconsider me
road block
one day
man of my word



marcus
hutson
(the whispers)
and the beat goes on
I'm the one for you
it's a love thing
the dip




archibald:

great
big eyes

prof.
longhair
(died there) aka roy byrd
mardi
gras in new orleans
hey
little girl
tipatina




shirley
goodman
(shirley & Lee):

feels
so good
let the
goodtimes roll
rock
with the clock
i'm gone





norbert
rillieux:
(french sugar
refine inventer)



joe
jones
:

you talk too much
she's always picking on me
one big mouth



king
floyd
:
groove
me
baby
let me kiss you
woman
don't go astray



linda
hopkins
:
if you
waled away
memories
of a broken heart
baby
let me hold your hand



augie
johnson
(side effect):
always
there
midnight
lover


joe
'google eyes' august
:



everything
hapen's a night
i cried
just to
be home with you



walter
washington
:
out of
the dark
funk is
in the house

harold
battiste
:
(ran
the AFO record company):
tami
lynn/Dr John/eddie bo/willie tee/alvin robinson/barnara george/prince
la la


terrence
blanchard
:
(jazz
trumpeter)



neal
kimble:
your
flying high now baby
I'm in
love with you






charles
brimme
r:
mr.
teardrops





richard
caiton:
i'd
like to get near to you
i see
love girl in your eyes
stop
overlooking me

b.b.
daddy
:
brown
in a bag



marva
wright:
1994
Role Model Award from the Young Leadership Council of New Orleans
Outstanding
Female Artist
Links
Organization 1992
Taratata
TV Show 
Paris
France 
1996
Big Easy Best Female Performer
1997
Best Blues
Vocalist/
Offbeat
Movie
Debut with Antonio Banderas/Dir. “Crazy in Alabama” 
to be
released in 1999









dr.
john/mac
rebennack:
(session
keboards & guitar for AFO & Harold Battiste)



champion
jack dupree:
blues
got me rockin'
walkin'
the blues



'blind
snooks' ford eaglin
:

nobody
knows
six thousand
miles from nowhere
mean
old frisco



eric
gable
:
caught
in the act
kiss you
keep my
love burning hot



barbara
george
:

i know
(you don't love me no more)
send
for me
she's
got everything
you
talk about love



eldridge
holmes
:


love
affair
loverly
woman
selfish
woman




earl
king
:

trick
bag
come on
don't
cry my friend

warren
lee:
climb
the ladder
just
like a woman
underdog
backstreet






huey
piano smith
:
don't
you just know it






charles
singleton
(cameo):
(guitarist
& singer)
word up





tammi
lynn:

i'm
gonna run away from you
mojo
hanna
at the
party



roy
montrell
:

everytime
i hear thet mellow sax
mudd


bobby
moore/rhythm aces:
try my
love
chained
to my heart


idris
muhammad
:

new
orleans
i'm a
believer





alan
orange
:
v.c.
blues



earl
palmer
:
drummer
for:

Fats Domino 
Pat Boone
Arthur Adams 
Lee Allen 
Johnny Almond 
Ernie Andrews 
David Axelrod 
B. Bumble & the Stingers 
Dave Bartholomew 
The Beach Boys 
Earl Bostic






prince
la la
:

she put
the hurt on me
gettin'
married soon
things
have changed
come
back to me



paul
robi
(the platters):
washed ashore
hard to
get this thing called love
derveri
my prayer
only you
sweet sweet lovin'
smoke gets in my eyes

alvin
robinson
:

i'm
gonna put some hurt on you
down home girl
bottom of my soul
fever
let the good times roll
something you got


frankie
lee sims
:

lucy
mae blues
what will lucy do



louis
villery
(african music machine):

black
water gold

Thanks to Dave Allen for some extra research he provided us.




mickey nold - 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment